We are delighted to announce the lineup for NISO Plus — and we hope you’ll agree that it’s unmissable! Thanks to the enthusiastic participation of our community, and the generous support of our sponsors, #NISOPlus20 will feature:
- More than 50 experts from across the information industry, speaking on a wide range of topics, from AI and altmetrics to seamless access and statistics — and so much more!
- Keynotes by two renowned leaders in our community — Amy Brand (Director, The MIT Press) and danah boyd (Partner Researcher, Microsoft Research and Founder/President, Data & Society)
- An in-depth video conversation between James G Neal, winner of the 2020 Miles Conrad Award, Todd Carpenter (NISO’s Executive Director), and Deanna Marcum (former NFAIS Chair and a previous Miles Conrad awardee)
- NFAIS Foresight sessions, where you can engage directly with strategic decision-makers about what the future holds for the information community and agree next steps for moving forward
- The NISO Now track, where experts will discuss the challenges and opportunities facing us now, and invite you to join their conversation
- Practical sessions on everything from how to engage with NISO to updates on new and upcoming standards and best practices, including an opportunity to “ask the experts” about important topics such as metadata and preservation
- Lightning talks followed by discussion — if you’ve got news about a tool or service, ideas for a new standard or best practice, or any other information-related topics, this is your chance to share it (sign up at the conference)
We’ll be adding a few more speakers over the coming weeks, but please check out the interactive version of the program here, and start planning your own personal NISO Plus schedule. Most important of all, don’t forget to register now to get the early bird discount, available through January 15!
We hope to see you at the Lord Baltimore Hotel, Baltimore, MD on February 23-25!