We are delighted to announce that applications for the 2024 NISO Plus Scholarship Awards are now open! Join us in celebrating the fifth anniversary of the NISO Plus Conference by applying to be a member of the 2024 cohort, or by encouraging a friend or colleague to apply.
The NISO Plus Scholarship Award is granted to emerging and mid-career professionals who believe their perspectives are underrepresented in libraries or publishing and service provider organizations. We look forward to recognizing applicants who want to learn, network, and share their unique perspectives and ideas as we explore and identify solutions to the challenges facing scholarly communications.
This program is an important part of NISO’s strategic goal to support diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) in the community. We are committed to providing opportunities for information students and professionals from the widest possible range of backgrounds to participate actively in our work and in the wider information ecosystem.
Awardees will receive the following:
- Travel and accommodations to the February 13–14, 2024 annual conference in Baltimore, MD (pending funder approval)
- Networking opportunities with NISO Board members, staﬀ, and other past and present scholarship winners
- Free registration to the NISO Plus Global Virtual Conference in September 2024
- Free registration for all NISO educational webinars in 2024–26
- Discounted registration fees to other NISO events
- Opportunities to volunteer for NISO committees and groups
- Automatic enrollment in NISO I/O and standards program announcements
- And more!
Please complete this short application form to tell us more about yourself and why you are interested in being a NISO Plus scholar.
Applications will close on November 17, 2023, and then be reviewed by the NISO Plus Scholarships Committee, which includes representatives from the NISO staff, Board, Planning Committee, and the 2023 scholarship cohort. We will notify applicants of our decision by December 15, 2023. (Please note that previous awardees will not be considered.)